The year is 1960: a young railwayman resident of Luino, a village on Lake Maggiore on the Swiss border, seeing numerous packages of decorations for confectionery pass through customs on their way to Italy, decides, along with his wife and group of friends, to begin producing decorations to sell them to the bakeries in the area.
From a small basement to the first warehouse is a quick step. Love for piping decoration in the bakery takes on a name: Modecor Italiana (Modern Decorations). And so, since 1960, we conceive and produce decorations for cakes.
Today, Modecor is a company in constant expansion, recognised on the Italian and international market as a leader in its sector. Here are some stats:
- More than 12,000 square metres of floor space occupied in Cuvio (VA), registered offices and production plant
- 170 employees
- 7 Production lines
- 100 raw materials processed for a total of 700 tonnes annually
- Annual production capacity: 700 tonnes of sugar paste, 35 million gelatine tubes, 2 million sheets printed on wafers and sugar paste
- 2,300 products managed in the catalogue
- More than 450 new products added every year
- 70 countries served around the world with a client portfolio of more than 8,000
At the Cuvio site, Modecor produces various types of edible products:
- Decorations in chocolate
- Flowers and subjects in sugar and wafer
- Sugar pastes
- Silkscreening and digital printing of decorations on wafer and sugar paste
- Food printers and cartridges
- Food colourants and gelatines
Modecor Italiana operates on the market for various client targets, subdivided into 3 reference Business Units:
- U. Professional: supplies pastry shops and ice cream parlours directly (70% coverage of the Italian market) and distributors in Italy (about 460) and abroad (more than 500 in the key countries alone) operating in the confectionery decoration and raw materials sector. This division works strives constantly to become market and range leader, as well as the point of reference for pastry shops and ice cream parlours.
- U. Large Companies: for the world of large confectionery industries to supply them with products in private labelling. The mission is to become the main points of contact in the foreign and Italian industrial world for decorations on their confectionery.
- U. GDO: this division handles supplying products for in-store bakeries in the major Italian and European supermarket chains, as well as creating personalised products for key client companies operating in Large-Scale Distribution in Europe.
From November 2017, Optima Mec3 joined the group, a global leader in the production of ingredients for artisan ice cream parlours and confectionery. Thanks to this acquisition, Modecor has the goal of becoming reference leader for decoration in the world of Italian and international ice cream parlours.